One of the most common expression used as cliché most of the time is “Water is life”. It surely is!!
This substance makes up a majority of your body weight and is involved in many important functions.
Drinking enough water can have numerous health benefits.
- It can help boost the amount of calories you burn.
- It can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1- 1.5 hours. This can amount to 96 additional calories burned if you drink 2 litres (67 oz) of water per day.
- Half a litre of water, 40 minutes before each meal, increased weight loss by 44%.
- Remember not to drink water too soon before or after a meal as the water will dilute the digestive juices.
- When you feel “hunger” set in, drinking some water can help you determine how ravenous you actually are.
- Drinking enough water helps your body stop retaining water, leading you to drop those extra pounds of water height.