One of the most common expression used as cliché most of the time is “Water is life”. It surely is!!
This substance makes up a majority of your body weight and is involved in many important functions.
Drinking enough water can have numerous health benefits.
- It can help boost the amount of calories you burn.
- It can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1- 1.5 hours. This can amount to 96 additional calories burned if you drink 2 litres (67 oz) of water per day.
- Half a litre of water, 40 minutes before each meal, increased weight loss by 44%.
- Remember not to drink water too soon before or after a meal as the water will dilute the digestive juices.
- When you feel “hunger” set in, drinking some water can help you determine how ravenous you actually are.
- Drinking enough water helps your body stop retaining water, leading you to drop those extra pounds of water height.
Disclaimer:This post is written by one of our members and contributors of Shenergy. The images and textual content provided is sole responsibility of the writer. If you feel that any content, in part or full, posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review it. The contributions are 100% voluntary and have no commercial exchange between Shenergy and the contributor.