Vegetarian burgers with some corn salad and saffron yogurt on the side
Bean Burger patties –
- 1 small can of black beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 cup soy crispies
- 1/2 medium size onion (finely diced)
- 1 tomato (finely diced)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder
- salt to taste
Saffron yogurt- take 1/2 cup yogurt and squeeze out as much water as you can. You can do this by taking yogurt in a cloth and squeezing out the water. Alternatively, you could take the yogurt in a flat dish and absorb the water using kitchentowels. Trust me, it works very well.
- Now take 2 tsp water (boiling hot) and add few strands of saffron – about 10-12 and stir into the water.
- Keep aside for a few minutes till the water turns yellow. Then add it to the dehydrated yogurt and mix well. Add 1/2 tsp or less sugar (as per your taste).
- Mix well and keep aside for a few minutes.
- The yellow color on the yogurt grows after some time
1. Take the beans, garlic, ginger and chillies in a blender , add some water and blend. The mixture should look like a thick paste, runny in consistency
2. Add the remaining ingredients and leave aside for a few minutes. The soy crispies absorb the excess moisture and the mixture looks like thick paste
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them like burger patties. Place them in a plate and put into a freezer for an hour.
4. Preheat oven at 350 deg. Spray a baking dish with PAM and place the frozen patties on it. Place it in the oven. Cook both sides of the patties for 10-12 mins till they are brown and crispy. Burgers are ready!
Anjali Jere is a software engineer, settled in USA for over 2 decades. She’s a mom of 2 and often loves to experiment her way in the kitchen. She has worked at various technical roles in reputed IT companies in California and loves to code.
Disclaimer:This post is written by one of our members and contributors of Shenergy. The images and textual content provided is sole responsibility of the writer. If you feel that any content, in part or full, posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at email@example.com and we will review it. The contributions are 100% voluntary and have no commercial exchange between Shenergy and the contributor.