1 kg Chicken
1 freshly ground Coconut
1 bunch of Coriander leaves
15-20 pods of Garlic
1 inch Ginger
2 big size Onions
3 slit Green chillies
1 small cup of Oil
4-5 spoons of Ghee
Salt to taste
2 tsp Coriander seeds
1 inch stick Cinnamon
8-10 Pepper pods
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
2-3 tbsp Poppy seeds
1 Star anise
1 Stone flower
4-5 strands Red Patri
5-6 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 Lemon juice
2 Maggie non veg cubes
2 tsp garam masala
- Clean chicken and wash it thoroughly.
- Marinate it with ginger garlic paste, 3 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt and juice of one lemon.
- Cover it and keep aside.
- Take a ceramic kadai with a lid.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil and keep it on low flame.
- Add to it garlic pods. Fry it for two minutes.
- Add the remaining spices. Fry them for 2-3 minutes and keep them aside.
- Add 1 tsp of oil. Add to it half of the finely chopped onion and fry it for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and ginger.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add grated coconut and roast till it turns golden brown.Grind together all the ingredients with 1 cup water to make it to a thick paste.
- In the kadai add 3-4 tsp of oil add finely chopped onion.
- Add 4 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Add chicken pieces. Put little water and cook till done. Remove it in a vessel.
- In the same kadai add 2-3 tsp of oil.
- Add to it 1 finely chopped onion and saute till soft.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes. Saute till done.
- Add ground masalas to it and fry all the ingredients till they leave oil.
- Add to it chicken and required amount of water, mix well and cook thoroughly.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 2 Maggie non veg cubes and garam masala.
- Cook thoroughly and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot rotis, chappatis, naan, streamed rice and with green salad.
About the Chef
Practicing Advocate and Notary Public in Mapusa, Goa.
Cooking is my passion.
I also like to listen to music and reading.
Disclaimer:This post is written by one of our members and contributors of Shenergy. The images and textual content provided is sole responsibility of the writer. If you feel that any content, in part or full, posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at email@example.com and we will review it. The contributions are 100% voluntary and have no commercial exchange between Shenergy and the contributor.