Paneer cut into cubes of even sizes
Mustard oil (generous quantity for frying and 2 tablespoons to cook)
Asafoetida a pinch
Green cardamom 3
Cinnamom stick 1 stick
Bay leaf 1
Salt to taste
Turmeric 2 tsp
Fennel powder 3 tsp
Dried ginger powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1½ tsp
Milk 1½ cup
Water 3-4 cups
- Cut the paneer block into cubes of equal sizes.
- Deep fry them. (You can also use it raw)
- Heat about 2 tbsp mustard oil in a cooker.
- Put the gas on sim and add all the spices. Also add turmeric, fennel powder and dried ginger powder to the mixture.
- Immediately add 1-2 glasses of water to prevent the spices from burning.
- Let it simmer for a short while.
- Now add salt and the paneer cubes one by one. Boil it for a while till the mixture reduces.
- Now add the milk slowly. Let the mixture boil till it starts thickening.
- Stir in between, careful not to break or crush the paneer.
- Add the cardamom and the garam masala.
- Give it a couple of boils and take it off the gas stove.
About the Chef
Living in the picturesque city of Dehradun, Meeta Dabral is a proud mother of two lovely girls.
A homemaker, she is an artist who loves to paint and decorate her home in her spare time.
She also enjoys learning new cuisines.
Though she is a Garwhali, she has learnt Kashmiri cooking from her mother- in -law who is from Kashmir.
Disclaimer:This post is written by one of our members and contributors of Shenergy. The images and textual content provided is sole responsibility of the writer. If you feel that any content, in part or full, posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review it. The contributions are 100% voluntary and have no commercial exchange between Shenergy and the contributor.