Goan traditional recipe
Fond memories of us as kids to be eating it cooked by our granny !!! Love it wen it’s spicy and saucy!
Today I made this after a very long time , I dint have the time to plate it as it was grabbed from the hot hot Tawa directly and savoured 😋
6 Mackrel, cleaned
For the paste
1 cup freshly grated coconut
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup coriander green
1 tsp haldi powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp dry coriander
Small peice of ginger
4 green chilles
6 to 7 cloves of garlic
Small peice of tamarind
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
Rawa to fry
- Clean the mackrel , debone it.
- Marinate with haldi, chilli, salt and kokum and leave aside.
- Add the above paste ingredients except onion to a grind and make it to a coarse paste thick in consistency.
- Fry onion in coconut oil till translucent.
- Add salt and then add the above paste above and cook for 5 min on low flame.
- Leave aside to cool.
- Stuff the masala with little more chopped onion into the mackrel, roll in Rawa and shallow fry till golden brown (churchurit).
About the Chef
Love to cook
Pharmacist by profession but not working now
Swimming teacher and Saree lover!
Disclaimer:This post is written by one of our members and contributors of Shenergy. The images and textual content provided is sole responsibility of the writer. If you feel that any content, in part or full, posted here is a violation of your copyright, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review it. The contributions are 100% voluntary and have no commercial exchange between Shenergy and the contributor.